Compressed air storage tank construction order:
(1) Installation preparation
(2) Get all equipment in place
(3) Sort out pipe system
(4) Install compressed air pipe flange set
(5) Install subordinate equipment device
(6) Pressure test and cleaning
(7) Anticorrosion treatment
Installation of pressure vessels require professional operation skills, every operation should be strictly following instructions.
Here are details operations for air storage tank installation:
- Preparation work.
Prepare the air compressor and air storage tank, check the bottom of the concrete channel, make sure the channel base is firm and flat. Tie up the equipment with wire rope to move to the hoisting position, hoiste the equipment with 25t crane, and place them in the planned bottom of the concrete position. Fix with expansion screws.
- Compressed air piping system set.
(1) Cut pipe: First of all, mark out the cut position on the pipe according to the site mapping sketch, cut precisely on the marks using grinding wheel or hand saw.
Cut pipe with grinding wheel: put the pipe on the grinding wheel saw pliers and clamp it at the drawing line. When cutting the pipe, the pressure on the handle should be uniform and not excessive. After cutting, iron scraps and burrs on the section of the pipe interfaces should be eradicated and cleaned.
Cut the pipe by hand saw: the pipe should be fixed in the pressure clamp, the saw blade should be aligned with the drawing line, and straight with the axis of the pipe, then push and pull the saw while making sure the force should be uniform and saw to the ends, no twisting or breaking down, otherwise the pipe interface would be distorted.
(2) Welding connection of pipes and fittings: the connection length of pipes and fittings should not be greater than 6 meters, so as to facilitate on-site construction. The groove should be cut before the pipe welding, the mechanical planing method are highly suggested for the groove processing, or choose the oxygen-acetylene flame for cutting, it is necessary to remove the oxide skin surface of the groove, and smooth the uneven surfaces that affect welding quality.
Before pipe welding, the two axes should be aligned. The two pipe ends should be welded firmly on spot.
It is advised to spot weld 3 points on the pipe that below 400mm diameter, and 4 points on the pipe above 150mm diameter.
After welding, it is necessary to check the appearance of the welding seam, and clean the rugged surface,
and splashes if there are any. The welding seam width should not exceed 2mm on each edge of groove.
Bead welding is strictly prohibited. The welding seam shall not have cracks, pores, slag inclusion and other shortcomings. The internal undercut shall not be greater than 0.5mm, and the length shall not be greater than 25mm. For defective welds, it is necessary to completely eradicate the defective parts and weld them from scratch.
When welding the pipe and flange, insert the pipe into the flange, firstly spot welding 2-3 points, and then use the square to find the leveling before welding work, the flange should be double-sided welding, the inner welding seam shall not protruding the flange sealing surface. Flange connection should be close, straight with the center line of the pipe, bolt exposure nut size is not more than half of the bolt diameter.
After the welding of the pipe fittings is finished, the device shall be installed according to the drawings. PTFE pads shall be added between flanges, gaskets shall be added to the bolts on the flanges and 2-3 wires shall be exposed.
- Debugging and inspection